• SEQUEL TO THE HUGELY SUCCESSFUL ‘MUSIK MUSIC MUSIQUE’, THIS TIME EXPLORING 1981, THE YEAR SYNTH POP BROKE INTO THE MAINSTREAM.
• OVER 50 TRACKS SHOWCASING THE INNOVATION AND EXPLORATION THAT GAVE RISE TO WHAT WOULD BECOME THE DECADE’S PRE-EMINENT MUSICAL FORM.
• FEATURING ULTRAVOX, DURAN DURAN, OMD, YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA, DEVO, GINA X PERFORMANCE, FASHIØN, SPANDAU BALLET, SOFT CELL, HEAVEN 17, HAZEL O’CONNOR, YELLO, A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS, TOYAH, KIM WILDE, THE PASSAGE, CHRIS AND COSEY, JAPAN, JOHN FOXX AND COUNLESS OTHER ELECTRONIC LUMINARIES.
• PACKED WITH FAMILIAR CLASSICS AND LESSER KNOWN GEMS.
• BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE TEAM BEHIND THE CRITICAL AND COMMERCIAL HITS ‘CLOSE TO THE NOISE FLOOR’ AND ‘ELECTRICAL LANGUAGE’!
• SLEEVENOTES BY ELECTRONIC SOUND MAGAZINE’S MAT SMITH.
Following 2020’s ‘Musik Music Musique’ set, we present the sequel, this time looking at the electronic pop scene as it evolved from curio and novelty into a major movement and began to dominate the airwaves.
Featuring a plethora of acts who would quickly become household names (many of which endure today) and exploring the wide variety of directions electronic instruments took both the mainstream and independent music in. ‘Musik Music Musique 2.0’ embraces both the pure pop aesthetic of a new generation of aspirational, defiantly polished artists and those who embraced electronic music in the aftermath of the post-punk explosion. From chart bothering, High Street nightclub anthems to self-pressed one-offs and cassette releases, this set provides an overview of the scene as it blossomed and an introduction to a wealth of fascinating, lesser known material.
Wildly eclectic, endlessly innovative and, most importantly, enduringly listenable, ‘Music Musik....... więcej